8/11/11

LAY BACK IN THE SUN

8-11-6
8-11-4
8-11-2
8-11
8-11-3
8-11-5
8-11-1
*vintage camo cut off shirt, target faux leather jacket (yep. target. i've worn this thing for 5+ years and it gets better every time), american apparel disco shorts (taking butt-grazing to a whole new limit), vintage velvet boots, handmade wooden necklace from mexico, vintage leopard belt, unearthen prism ring, gifted konstantino bracelet

MY CAMERA WAS FOUND!!!!!
i am the first person to assume the worst of humanity and agree that we're all evil... but when my friend walked up and handed me my beloved camera the other night, it was like the universe shook me and said, "see? we're not ALL bad." it definitely restored my faith in people- how easy would it have been for whoever had it to stick this on ebay and pay their rent for the month (or just buy a shitload of drugs and booze)?
oh, and yeah, i totally cried when she walked up with it. i don't dress like a girl, but i'm sappier than most of them.

i didn't set up that little pathetic excuse for a seance for these photos, by the way. apparently i forgot that travis, adam, and i had a pathetic excuse for a seance on my roof one night (when i say seance, i mean intoxicated and listening to spiritualized) and neglected to bring everything back inside, resulting in puddles of melted wax on my now faded and filthy blanket.

madeline and i are up to something huuuuuge... we now have a DBA, a seller's permit, a website in the works, and are on page 4 of writing our business plan. can't wait to share...
x

28 comments:

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

gorgeous lighting, and i love those shorts!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

YAY FOR YOUR FOUND CAMERA. can't wait to see what you ladies are up to. & melted wax is the worst.. I once had a house full of people tripping ballz & the next day there was wax & red paint all over the living room carpet. the landlord was not too happy upon move out.

Frannie Pantz said...

Oh thank God you found that camera! Such a tragic thing to loose of all things! I love your shorts and the camo tee is great with it.

augustalolita said...

love the camo and leopard together <3

bravegrrl said...

can't wait to hear bout your new endeavors... love both you grrls, it's sure to be awesome :)

Philippa said...

can't wait to find out what you and madeline are up to! p.s. I did not know you had that tattoo on your wrist :) nice! xx

Nita -Karoliina said...

you always have the best shoes!

panna e caffè said...

leo+ tee prints are just amazing!! i'm happy your camera is back ;) !!

stunning pics and awesome outfit beauty!!*

xoxo from france

Fashiable said...

Stunning look, love it

http://fashiablee.blogspot.com

Kat ♥ said...

So glad your camera was found! I would never have expected that. :) Also, I must note what an awesome friend you have that returned it to you.

Okay, I'm really excited to see what you and Madeline are up to, if I'm researching what a DBA is. ♥

Shevah said...

You basically look perfect. This is what I want to wear lately. I love it. I need some shorts like that too.




www.shevahh.blogspot.com
xo

Dolly Daydream said...

I love your belt and shorts..such lovely photos!


http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

Caitie said...

gosh I love those boots and your belt way too much!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Dom said...

Girl, you wear shorts so well. I really like your boots and belt. They're really cool pieces.

Cee Harvey said...

awesome photos/outfit
I want those shorts!!
ceeharvey.blogspot.com

Madeline said...

I'd like to think that the seance set-up is a permanent rooftop fixture 'round your place!

Rochelle Fox said...

your boots are super xx A Fox That Meows ♥

Allison said...

A mix of camo, leopard, and paisley? Ingenious. This is kind of cliche, but you've mastered the art of looking ridiculously cool without trying too hard.

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Those shorts and boots are just too amazing! Loving it!
xxxx

Seventh Of July said...

These pictures look great & I love those shorts.


http://seventhofjuly.blogspot.com/

Jessica Deanna said...

God those boots are mint.

Solar Falcon
You won't regret visiting my blog xo

Meena Dhuga said...

awesome.


http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

Meena ♥

The Twisted Cool Rocker said...

LOVE all jewelry you show us!! The triangle-eye-necklace is AMAZING!! Want it!! And all your rings.

I'm addicted to accessories.

KiSSeS!^^

The Twisted Cool Rocker said...

LOVE all jewelry you show us!! The triangle-eye-necklace is AMAZING!! Want it!! And all your rings.

I'm addicted to accessories.

KiSSeS!^^

Laura said...

Very cool outfit and the lighting in the pictures is beautiful!

Isabel Spectre said...

omg omg omg!! Cant wait to see what you and Madeline come up with!! ahhhh!!!
I realllly like this outfit! And I am glad your camera was found. yay!!

Erica Hoyt said...

amazing photos, like, stunning in fact.

Q. said...

Hey. I came across your lookbook, then blog, and really loved this outfit. I featured it on my blog, Quinntessential Style, in a weekly posting I do called "Vendredi en couleur". Thanks for sharing.

http://quinntessentialstyle.blogspot.com/2011/09/vendredi-en-couleur-la-rentree.html

xx, Q.